What was the situation
Accutronics had recently gone through an MBO and attracted private investment from a number of parties. The top line performance of the business was below expectations and was not on track to hit medium term targets.
The project was ,from an initial evaluation of the existing sales and marketing function, to support the Managing Director in implementing structured and sustainable processes to drive improved productivity and commercial direction for the business
How did we help
An initial 3 day assessment of the business was carried out through meetings with the senior management team, line managers and customers From this a report and project recommendation was made with key deliverables, namely: Develop a sales & marketing plan to include an effective sales management process, key account planning, roles & responsibilities, performance management. Define and implement the business value proposition and overhaul existing marketing collateral and support and coach the existing management team in delivering these imperatives the project was over a 6 month period on a flexible day rate on average 3 days per week.
What were the results
In 65 days.
- The business value proposition was defined and new brand proposition “Battery solutions you can trust” launched supported by new Corporate brochures, new website, sales tools and credentials pitch.
- The existing sales process was re-engineered. Key account management and sales performance management processes introduced with associated business performance metrics.
- A new online ordering system developed for proprietary suppliers improved productivity and profitability.
- Created standard operating procedures for all core sales processes , developed and integrated a sage CRM interface to support efficient sales operation moving forward.
- Established business wide values and a performance management programme “My role in the business” .The process was fully documented and coaching and training was carried out for senior management prior to role out.
- Existing sales teams roles & responsibilities evaluated and new job descriptions and performance contracts agreed.
- Advised and supported business on 2 business critical appointments approved and implemented.