What was the problem
Optimum FX a leading independent manufacturing improvement consultancy was heavily reliant on one large customer and with a predicted drop off of revenues needed to develop a sales & marketing strategy and to develop new business.
How did Proflex help
Based on an initial investigation day with the senior team the recommendation focused on 3 key areas;
- To develop a clearly differentiated customer value proposition
- To create and implement a brand and communication strategy.
- To re-engineer it’s existing sales process and CRM strategy to drive productivity.
A series of group workshops and 1:1 discussions were carried out to gain collective understanding of what the actual business proposition was . Customer meetings were arranged at VP Operations level in their key global customer to gain customer insight…Competitive communications bench marking and further internal meetings used to “nail the business proposition” and gain alignment on the brand essence of the company…
Proflex worked within the company to mentor and coach key individuals to manage the change programme.
- Creative agencies were briefed and managed to develop a new business corporate identity and brand communication strategy.
- The existing sales process were mapped out, documented and analysed.
- Existing CRM process and customer intelligence evaluated
- Existing lead generation activities, standard operating procedures
- A fresh brand strategy was launched at a major exhibition September 2013. New logo, strap lines, corporate brochure, website and additional a clear group positioning to promote cross selling within 2 other group companies (Bytronic & LineView Solutions).
- Additional products and services identified ranged from Customer training days on continuous improvement tools and techniques through to a unique service offering “line balancing”
- Re-engineering the sales process highlighted that everyone in the business needed to take responsibility for sales development, not just the sales manager! A sales strategy, key account management process and a marketing activity plan was developed.
- CRM process was developed and the Director led adoption strongly within the business.