What the problem was
Samsung was a main sponsor of the London Olympics. 6 months prior to the Olympics Samsung looked to put in place a delivery team for the “activation programme” – the reality was a lot still had to be planned!
What did Proflex do
As an interim “Project Manager” the role was to ensure that the Olympic activity was delivered in full and within budget. The role reported into the VP Corporate Marketing and weekly to the main board of Samsung UK.
Initially developed a milestone plan across all work streams and engaged directly with key internal stakeholders, set up a central programme management office and weekly communication process to main board directors, co-ordinated and supported the Olympics team (PR, digital, events, sponsorship, media, agencies ) whilst at the same time taking on personal responsibility for elements of the programme delivery.
What were the results
The 2012 Samsung Olympic Activation programme delivered the best ever global results:
- Samsung Take Part media campaign global sponsorship bench mark.
- Samsung B2B proposition launched at first ever Samsung CIO Conference in May 2012, leveraging Olympic Ambassadors.
- Samsung ranked No1 on Buzz index for Olympic sponsors, despite having lowest spend.
- PR activity across all programmes media Value £19.3 million.
- Samsung “Big Cheer” press and VOD campaign – achieved a media first with series of Times/Sunday Times wraps during The Olympic Games.